Open Accessibility Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that questions may arise while trying to establish yourself with a new provider. That’s why we’ve outlined some of our frequently asked questions below, for your convenience.

General FAQs

How do I make a dental or medical appointment?

Medical and dental appointments are scheduled through our Patient Service Center by calling (360) 377-3776. Peak call times are 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

Can I make an appointment for lab work or shots?

Yes. Call the Patient Service Center at (360) 377-3776 or stop by the check-out counter after your visit.

How do I refill my medications?

If you obtain your medications from an outside pharmacy, call them directly and they will fax the request to PCHS. If you receive your medications from a PCHS pharmacy, call your clinic refill line:

  • Clare 360-616-3131
  • 6th Street 360-475-3731
  • Port Orchard 360-874-5583
  • Poulsbo 360-697-7636
  • Belfair 360-277-2555
  • Key Peninsula 253-649-0696

Please allow 48 business hours for the prescription to process.

How do I choose a provider or dentist? Can I switch if I decide I want someone else?

Call the Patient Service Center at (360) 377-3776 and a representative will help you choose a provider.

What number do I call if I have a question about my bill?

To discuss a bill or make a payment, please call our billing department at (360) 475-3712, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST.

What are your payment policies?

Payment for services (deductibles, co-payments, and a sliding fee) is required at the time of your visit. Cash, personal check, and credit/debit cards are accepted. If you have health insurance, we will file for payment with your insurance carrier. If you do not have health insurance, you may qualify for a discount through the PCHS sliding fee scale.

How do I obtain a copy of my medical records?

Because of patient privacy, you must first sign a release form. Click here for form. Forms are also available at the front desk of your clinic, or you may call the Patient Service Center at (360) 377-3776 and a form will be mailed to you. Processing can take up to 15 days.

How do I check on the status of my referral?

If you do not get a letter within a week, call our referral department at (360) 377-3776 and choose option 3. You may also contact us via our secure PCHS Patient Portal.

How can I resolve a complaint or pass along a compliment?

Call the Patient Service Center at (360) 377-3776 or complete a Patient Feedback Form available at the front desk in all clinics, or online via our website.

Who can I call if I am sick after hours?

For minor illnesses and injuries, PCHS offers open-access, walk-in Extended Hours Clinics on weekday evenings and Saturdays. Hours and locations are Sixth and Clare Mon.- Fri.: 4:00 PM – 8:30 PM, Clare Sat: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.

Outside of extended hours, established patients can reach an on-call PCHS provider for urgent issues by calling the main line 360-377-3776.

Additionally, Nurse Advice Hotlines here are available 24/7 to answer general health questions and provide advice on how to respond to symptoms. For speech or hearing impaired, call TTY 711.

PCHS Sixth Street Extended Hours Clinic

From 4:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.

PCHS Clare Way Extended Hours Clinic

From 5:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Monday to Friday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays (closed on holidays).

How do I decide whether to go to the Emergency Department or to PCHS Extended Hours?

You can receive quicker care after hours at the PCHS Extended Hours clinic for certain health concerns, such as a fever of 100 to 103 degrees, headaches/migraines, ear infections, sore throat, wheezing/coughing, wound care, sprains/strains, and more.

You should go to the Emergency Room for serious life, limb, or eye-threatening issues, such as chest pain, numbness, trauma, fever above 104 degrees, severe respiratory distress, or for new onset or worsening health concerns.

If you are uncertain which department to visit, you can call the Nurse Advice line to help you determine if you should take your concerns to the clinic or to the Emergency Room. We have a toll-free 24-hour Nurse Advice line. For speech or hearing impaired, call TTY: Dial 711.

Back to top