Huda Swelam, Human Resources Director
Call for Appointment
- University of Washington, Doctoral Student of Educational Leadership, Seattle WA
- Antioch University, Master's Degree, Seattle WA
- Antioch University, Bachelor's Degree, Seattle WA
Certifications and Memberships
- University of Washington – Michael G. Foster School of Business Certification in Business Essentials for Tribal Gaming & Hospitality Management
- University of Washington Certification on Managing for High Performance and Retention
- Oxford University TESL/TEFL Certified Teacher
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) Essentials of Human Resources
- Member – Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and am an enrolled member of the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, of Auburn Washington. I have over 10 years combined experience in Human Resources with a passion for strengthening Native Communities. In 2004, my passion led me to formalize and launch a Tribal Development Program formally known as Career Advancement Training (CAT) specifically geared toward creating on-the-job opportunities for Tribal Members to advance in their careers while attaining personal growth and professional success.
Throughout my adolescent years and into my young adulthood I have spent significant time in the Kitsap area and have family that live here since the 1920’s. Bremerton, in many ways has been a second home to me. PCHS’ vision resonates with my own personal and professional beliefs in providing avenues while reducing barriers for total wellbeing as it may relate to medical, dental, behavioral health, substance use treatment and pharmaceutical services.
I have a diverse background that ranges from Early Childhood Education, Mentorship, Policy Advisor, Budget Manager, Elections Administrator, Health Field Professional, Construction Laborer, Risk Management, Federal Grant Writer, Grant Reviewer for ACF, and Executive Leadership. I am a strategic and innovative professional who translates business vision into achievable initiatives that improve overall performance, profitability, growth, professional development, and employee engagement.
I love the outdoors and enjoy traveling. My greatest achievement or gift is being a mother of three amazing daughters.