|WHAT IS IT?
- The Affordable Care Act became effective January 1, 2014 and improves access to health insurance through Medicaid Expansion and the availability of health insurance tax credits to qualified applicants. Peninsula Community Health Services enrolled over 5,000 Kitsap County residents last year – let us help you, too!
WHEN CAN I ENROLL? WHEN DOES COVERAGE START?
- Medicaid (Apple Health) enrollment is open year round and in most cases will be effective the same month the application is completed.
- Open Enrollment for other Qualified Health Plans is from November 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017. Plans must be purchased by the 23rd of the month prior to be effective the 1st of the next month.
- Special enrollment periods allow individuals to purchase a plan outside of open enrollment if they have had a qualifying event. Those qualifying events may include (but are not limited to) marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, loss of minimum essential coverage, or interstate move. Call a PCHS Certified Navigator to see if you qualify for a special enrollment period.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
PCHS Enrollment Specialists
- PCHS has Certified Navigators are available in our medical clinics. Call 360.377.3776 to schedule an appointment for help applying for or renewing your health coverage.
Online (on your own)
- 1-855-WA FINDER (1-855-923-4633)
Local Insurance Agent/Broker
- Some local insurance agents and brokers are certified to help you through the enrollment process.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR MY APPLICATION?
You’ll need the following information for all family members in your household:
- Legal name
- Identification number (Social Security Number or immigration information)
- Relationship of all household members on application (spouse, mother, child, sibling)
- Income before taxes
- Tax filing status* – this is what you report on IRS tax forms. Options include: Single, Married filing jointly, Married filing separately, Tax dependent or Not filing taxes/Not claimed as a dependent
- Proof of income if your income has changed since you last filed taxes
- Current health insurance information (coverage dates, group number, policy number)
- Proof of immigration status if you are a legal permanent resident
- Proof of Tribal status if you are a Registered American Indian/Alaska Native
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY HEALTH INSURANCE
- Insurance providers can’t deny health insurance to people if they’re sick.
- No out-of-pocket costs for preventive.
- No cap on lifeline benefits
- Young adults can stay on their parent’s insurance plan up to age 26.
- All health insurance plans will include ten essential health benefits:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- All Washington residents will be able to compare and select a Qualified Health Plan through https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org. Insurance options will be based on your income. The Affordable Care Act expanded Medicaid eligibility to those qualified individuals up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and provides subsidies for qualified applications with household incomes between 139%-400% FPL. You qualify for Medicaid (WA Apple Health) or subsidized insurance if your household income is no higher than:
Number of Person in Family/Household
|Expanded Medicaid–WA Apple Health
Annual income up to 138% FPL
Annual income up to 400% FPL
6th: WorkSource Kitsap 1300 Sylvan Way, Bremerton WA 98310 – 10:00AM – 12:00PM
13th: WorkSource Kitsap 1300 Sylvan Way, Bremerton WA 98310 – 10:00AM – 12:00PM
20th: WorkSource Kitsap 1300 Sylvan Way, Bremerton WA 98310 – 10:00AM – 12:00PM
26th: Salvation Army 832 6th St, Bremerton WA 98337 – 11:00AM – 1:00PM
27th: WorkSource Kitsap 1300 Sylvan Way, Bremerton WA 98310 – 10:00AM – 12:00PM
30th: Veterans Stand Down, Sheridan Park Community Center 680 Lebo Blvd Bremerton WA 98310 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM